AAIMS mission is to coordinate resources necessary to deliver excellent medical education leading to generating physicians that will serve the community and to form lifelong learners committed to excellence, faith, leadership, and service.
AAIMS is one of the best medical universities in the Caribbean with its campus located in the town of Black River, the capital of the parish of St Elizabeth, Jamaica.
Caribbean Islands is also the dream destination for every medical aspirant across a globe and AAIMS stands out to be taking the lead in providing individualized student-centric medical education. Students will also enjoy a safe, secure and cost-effective environment to study, while the island provides an interesting variety of stimulating leisure activities.
Advantages of Studying in AAIMS
- USMLE Curriculum-based Teaching.
- Small Classroom size of 40 maximum in a class.
- Student Centric Education, Systems Based Curriculum and Problem Based Learning.
- Repeated/Spaced Formative Assessments for high scoring in USMLE.
- AAIMS is current with new technologies and strategies for learning. Tutorials, Lectures, e-textbooks, journals, and simulations are totally accessible online for students to review after the regular classes.
- More individualized attention is given to students falling behind.
- Classes are recorded live and parents can monitor the progress of their children.
- Parents are updated with a monthly newsletter for updates of activities going on at AAIMS.
- Parents have access to student’s results and general performance.
- AAIMS, unlike other Caribbean medical universities, offers clinical rotations to students at standard Government teaching hospitals locally in Jamaica.
- Students can decide to work in Jamaica after graduation and earn as much as $50,000 per year (there is a very high demand for faculty and doctors in Jamaica).
- AAIMS is located in an ancient quiet small town of Black River which is conducive for learning.
- All Churches and Mosques are available in Black River for students to practice their religion.
- AAIMS is affiliated with many Clinical hospitals to offer clinical rotations in countries including the USA and UK.
- An AAIMS Medical degree is recognized as World Wide.
- Highly Equipped & Advanced educational resources for learning.
- Good Climate
- English Speaking Country
- Affordable Tuition Fees (See Breakdown below).
About the AAIMS On-Campus and the Off-Campus Accommodation
- Accommodation is an average of $400 monthly which includes utility power supply, water, internet supply, Laundry, etc.
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are provided at no extra cost. (It is an all-inclusive package).
- On-Campus swimming pool, Gym and Tennis court for leisure activities.
- Hostel Cameras are available for Parent to access
- Transportation to and from campus is provided for students who choose to stay on AAIMS off-campus facilities.
- Students don’t have to spend anything extra for basic needs because of the all-inclusive package.
Accreditation and Listings
All American Institute of Medical Sciences (AAIMS) has been certified by all major international medical school accrediting bodies and authorities. Students can rest assured that their qualifications will be accepted internationally. AAIMS is accredited/ listed/member with the following authorities:
- The Ministry of Education, Jamaica
- Registered with University Council of Jamaica (UCJ)
- Listed in the World Directory of Medical Schools with an ECFMG® Sponsor Note. For the graduation years indicated in the Sponsor Note, our students and graduates are eligible to apply to ECFMG for ECFMG Certification and USMLE® as a step towards ECFMG Certification.
- Listed in the International Medical Education Directory by FAIMER
- Listed in the World Directory of Medical Schools
- Recognized by the Medical Council of Canada
- Our students can sit Part 1 & Part II of the Medical Council of Canada Qualifying Examination (MCCQE) for their Licentiate of the Medical Council of Canada (LMCC)
- Accredited by Accreditation Service for International Schools, Colleges and Universities (ASIC), UK.
The breakdown fees for the MD Degree program is outlined below. Please note that all fees are in US Dollars:
N.B- Nigerian students get 15% Scholarship off the 1 Year Pre-Med with a well written personal statement. Goldenchips will guide you towards getting the scholarship.
|Application & Processing Fees(One time Non-Refundable)||$ 1000|
|Student Permit after arrival to Jamaica(One time)||$ 150|
|Health Insurance||$ 150 Yearly|
|Student Guild Fees||$ 75 Yearly|
|Boarding and Lodging||$ 400 per month|
|Programs||Pre Med- 1 year|
|Duration||15 weeks per semester|
|Fee Per Semester||US$ 4,200.00|
|Programs||Basic Sciences- 1 year and 8-month Program|
|Duration||15 weeks per semester|
|Fee Per Semester||US $ 6,000.00|
|Programs||Clinical Sciences- 1 year and 6 months|
|Fee Per Week||US$ 400.00 (rotations in Jamaica)|